Sunday, May 11, 2008

Running, Racing, Riding, and Raising Funds for Charity

Working on the SSH case has already required strength and endurance to go along with our determination and intelligence. Much more will be required. In April and May, my Associate Attorneys and I continued the athletic efforts that bring us balance, happiness, health and fitness. On April 5, 2008, Senior Associate Attorney Georgeann Nicol ran the St. Louis Marathon and acted as a pacer to help other runners meet their goals. On April 21, 2008, I ran the Boston Marathon, my fifth Boston Marathon. On May 10, Associate Attorney Ayana Guy made her road racing debut at the Revlon 5K Run/Walk for Women in Los Angeles. This event is dedicated to raising money to fight women's cancers.

Looking forward to June, Senior Associate Attorney Georgeann Nicol will once again be riding her bicycle 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles as a participant in AIDS/Lifecycle 7. This event takes place June 1-7, and is always a part of Georgeann's calendar. Georgeann has personally raised hundreds of thousand of dollars to fight AIDS. I am proud to say that my law firm is one of the many contributors to AIDS/Lifecycle.